Blogs » Latest comments

Comments

Downtown Victoria is where it's at

Erin Barrick-Pahmiyer said,

"The better question Leonard would be who are you ??? And what are you doing to help improve our town ? You could be a more positive member of our community and come out and make Victoria better . Instead of sitting behind your computer being negative and avoiding places like downtown . " - 2 hours, 23 minutes ago

Inmates lose newspaper subscription; sheriff cites policy

Heather Marie Monroe Ramos said,

" This is the comment you were looking for...Also the comment asking if you were two was because you were nitpicking and missing the whole point. I'm done entertaining this BS. Some people are oblivious to the facts or to just what's trying to be said. Hope you have a great day. ............................. Heather Marie Monroe Ramos It's comical how my comment got picked apart conveniently. Go back and read it again. It's about accepting RESPONSIBILITY FOR ONES ACTIONS and realizing they are not at the MARRIOTT HOTEL. They are in JAIL OR PRISON because of THEIR OWN ACTIONS! If they don't like the conditions then behave like a productive member of society. How trivial and childish that he complain about not having HIS NEWSPAPER. What about the MOTHER, CHILDREN, GRANDCHILDREN, SIBLINGS, FRIENDS AND THEN SOME that he forever has change THEIR lives and will no longer get to see her. Yesterday at 12:58am · " - 5 hours, 11 minutes ago

Bring back the carousel at the mall

Franklin Lewis said,

"Carousel? Really? Preschoolers probably don't spend a lot of money, and adults don't usually ride carousels. And who's gonna choose a vacay destination, based on whether a town has one carnival ride in an empty old mall with a lumpy mote? I dare say, Spencer's attracts more revenue than a kiddie ride would. BTW, I wonder why there isn't ALREADY one there, if there's any value in it. If you just NEED a carnival fix....... buy some cotton candy, and drive around that TERRIBLE parking lot real fast." - 6 hours, 59 minutes ago

Downtown Victoria is where it's at

Leonard Saddler said,

"And you are ??????? I live in Victoria and avoid Downtown!" - 8 hours, 39 minutes ago

Edna man killed in crash was 'old school' friend to many

Sadie Diaz said,

"Nancy, i am so sorry for the loss of your husband, praying for strength for you and your family, may God keep you under his wing--love " - 13 hours, 30 minutes ago

Tammie Martin said,

"All this will pray fully come out end. Dr morgan will get name cleared.. because the truth is between him and god.. I don't see him as a physician ..but I do know he's a very beautiful and kind person. . Don't feel he would hurt any body..Unfortunately there are haters. It is what it is... and snakes are circling... friends of friends out to get.. devil is busy... get a great lawyer , have his papers in order.. cause u know they are gonna try scare office workers and all who were in his surroundings.. subpoenas will be issued. .. ..it's sad that another doctor if so true. Couldn't just go talk to another doctor.. let him know I don't think u can do this.. u may wanna check it out... people rather go for blood and embarrassment. . I pray he can come out of this and turn into a civil matter on his behalf. . Keep head up morgan. . It's between you and God. ..He will tell u what to do.." - 16 hours, 1 minute ago

Dietitians Dish: Tips for weight loss with diabetes

Puristat Digestive Wellness said,

"A few more tips: Eat often, it helps balance your blood sugar level and lessens the number of cravings you will have. Eat 3 little lunches, it will help to balance your blood sugar level. Eat salad before a meal, it will fill you up and it's loaded with vitamins and nutrients. Drink a glass of water when your cravings begin. Supplement with a multi-vitamin, they can help quell cravings. " - 16 hours, 16 minutes ago

Valerie Kemp said,

"Never met the man, but so far have only read good things from friends I respect and trust." - 16 hours, 58 minutes ago

Inmates lose newspaper subscription; sheriff cites policy

Lance Green said,

"The whole idea of jail or prison is to be punished. Separated from the free world. " - 17 hours, 24 minutes ago

Ashley Godfrey said,

"Dr Morgan is my physician and a good friend! He has done nothing but help in this community and I know he will prevail from such poor investigation, and journalism. As a friend I know he has attempted to obtain pain mgmt certificate, and even got to obtain certificate to help patients with opioid addiction! He is a good person, would help anyone that came to his door. This man is being victimized of small town politics and this should stop! " - 18 hours, 28 minutes ago

Man charged with super gluing ATM keys at area banks

Pat McDonald said,

"Interesting thought process...wonder how many pictures they have of him at the ATM machines in the city. " - 18 hours, 43 minutes ago

Man charged with super gluing ATM keys at area banks

Ike Davis said,

"I agree with u but u have to take them all down not just the worst ones" - 19 hours, 40 minutes ago

Bring back the carousel at the mall

Elisa Hamilton Coffey said,

"You named three problems in your opening paragraph. 1) Victoria has motorcycle street racers. 2) Victoria has a sex toy shop in the mall. 3) Victoria has problem with bees. But you didn't address how putting a carousel in the mall would alleviate these problems." - 20 hours, 46 minutes ago

Trey Hoodye said,

"They can't stand a educated black man!!! Stand strong Dr. Morgan" - 21 hours, 19 minutes ago

Sherry Slough Sitterle said,

"My husband and I both started gong to Dr. Morgan when we moved back to Victoria in 2010. He is undoubtedly is the best doctor that that we had gone to in years. He not only listens to you but is a personable doctor who spends time with you. I personally overheard a conversations he had with a patient who wanted pain meds. Dr. Morgan refused to give them to him and told him he could get something over the counter. . I took my granddaughter to him for her school physical, and I needed a shot for a knee problem. My granddaughter told Dr. Morgan that she was joining the Air Force after she graduated and wanted to be a nurse. Dr. Morgan was so gracious and talked to her about nursing and the medical field. Shame...Shame...Shame.. for whoever has started this witch hunt in trying to ruin not only a great man, but a great doctor!!!!!!!!" - 21 hours, 20 minutes ago

Cooking with Myra: Remembering cooler times, making peach pizza

Gordon Barth said,

"Hunting prairie dogs for vacation sad" - 21 hours, 39 minutes ago

Bring back the carousel at the mall

Kate Katerton said,

"We should totally build a new river." - 21 hours, 48 minutes ago

Ciara ThatsHer Thomas said,

"Dr. Morgan is an amazing Doctor & in all honesty a lot of these doctors have lost patients to Dr. morgan due to his care and sympathy he displays to his patients . I've waited in an ER for 2 hrs to be seen for 15 min. then prescribed narcotics. & FYI Drive thru doc does not distribute any type of narcotics. It actually helps people who cannot afford an $85 doctors visit for 5 min. for allergy medication that cost less than the visit. This whole shenanigan is all for one reason mostly but i will not speak on it , but I will say I hope they re-post Dr.Morgans Innocence in the paper once this B.S is over." - 22 hours, 2 minutes ago

Man charged with super gluing ATM keys at area banks

Ike Davis said,

"Yea so let's just go after all the rapist and drug dealers and forget all the little stuff yea that's a fantastic plan.....NOT" - 22 hours, 8 minutes ago

Former student returns to school to teach (w/video)

Beau Jones said,

"Pretty awesome bro. Congrats!" - 22 hours, 44 minutes ago

Kurt Killebrew said,

"Good luck trying to find a doc in this town anymore that will treat your chronic or re-occuring pain any longer. About 1/3 of patients who have painful conditions will develop chronic pain. More and more docs are doing just what Mcneill said, referring you to pain management. You better have VERY GOOD insurance and DEEP pockets and have to agree to having invasive procedures done that may or may not help, God forbid you just have low back pain that a few norco and soma a day give you enough relief you can continue to work and get some rest at night. Even worse is to have a chronic pain condition and not have GOOD insurance or you have such a high deductable or co-pay that having a X Ray , MRI, lab work and nerve studies means you cant pay the rent and light bill for several months. The unintended consequence is more patients will suffer needlessly and that just sickens me. " - 23 hours, 7 minutes ago

Man charged with super gluing ATM keys at area banks

Carlos AzzholebyNature Cardenas said,

"Victoria pd are the worse law enforcement ever. They waste time & tax payers money going after little things like criminal mischief when they should be going after real criminals like rapist, child molesters, murders & drug dealers." - 23 hours, 35 minutes ago

Deputy's vehicle strikes car on Houston Highway

Dale Zuck said,

"Failure to control speed?" - 1 day ago

Man charged with super gluing ATM keys at area banks

Patricia Vasquez said,

"Sounds like a case of Worlds dummest criminals.... cause I'm thinking if you hit the Cancel button..it automatically spits out your card..and if you glue the Enter button, then you cant enter your pin." - 1 day ago

Man charged with super gluing ATM keys at area banks

Daniel Kaimiokalani Cornel said,

"Seems like a prank, not a scam, but I'm sure they have some proof of intent to make the assumption that it was an attempt to defraud people. " - 1 day ago

Former student returns to school to teach (w/video)

Bobby Treviño said,

"Patrick, you going to be an outstanding teacher, you just watch and see..Best wishes.. " - 1 day, 1 hour ago

Edna man killed in crash was 'old school' friend to many

Laura Robles said,

"Prayers to the Schaffers" - 1 day, 2 hours ago

Tonya A Gregory said,

"I don't care what the Hater's say. He is the best doctor I have been to in a long time. Not only does he take the time with you when you see him I never feel rushed. At least he is a Dr. that cares about his patients. Dr. Courtney Morgan don't let them get you down.... YOUR THE BEST AND YOUR PATIENTS ARE BEHIND YOU.... " - 1 day, 2 hours ago

Anna Goldsmith Smith said,

"Well I like him. He spends time with me when I go see him. He makes me have blood work done every 3 months and has come by my office at lunch to see me when I could not get in. He will not refill pain medicine without seeing you first. Dr. McNeil does not really see patients he uses PAs mostly in his clinics. So I do not see where he has room to talk. Just my opinion as I have been to both doctors." - 1 day, 2 hours ago

Crystalmarie Garza said,

"Why would any Dr. speak on another DOCTOR!!! Hater for real!!! SMH I HEAR NOTHING BUT GOOD ABOUT THIS MAN! PRAYERS GOING OUT FOR YOU ! Courtney Morgan " - 1 day, 2 hours ago

Frances Jones said,

"I totally disagree. They have gone 2 school & are very educated ,, the problem ls what our governor should be worried about they aren't " - 1 day, 2 hours ago

Megan Reese said,

"How did I not know about this doctor? He sounds awesome " - 1 day, 2 hours ago

Brenda Reyes Guajardo said,

"What a total injustice to Dr. Morgan. People can be such hurtful, envious creatures. God bless Dr. Morgan for his God given gift of helping people and may he continue to practice medicine. " - 1 day, 3 hours ago

Jennifer Rayburn said,

"The article states that there was an investigation launched by DEA and DPS and whether or not those investigations were a result of a 2013 VA article has not been determined. The investigation has nothing to do with" haters" or even questions about Dr Morgan's abilities as a medical practitioner. The article reports an indictment regarding legal compliance for narcotic distribution and legal percentages of patients that can be prescribed specific classes of drugs from any one practice. " - 1 day, 4 hours ago

Inmates lose newspaper subscription; sheriff cites policy

Michelle Wagner said,

"Please do not believe everything you read, there are no tv's in the cells. And just because someone is in jail does not mean that they have murdered or raped/ harmed someone. there are good people in prison/jail. People do make stupid mistakes and they are paying for there crime, More of your tax dollars are going to having employee gatherings buying useless stuff, I buy government auctions from prisons and hundreds of thousands of dollars are being wasted. So you want to know where ur tax dollars are going look a little closer into that. If you want to see first hand. the website I buy from is www.txauction.com and http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/gsaauctions/. " - 1 day, 4 hours ago

Christy Pedraza-Ortiz said,

"I support Dr. Morgan, too. He was always thorough and competent and very easy-going. Whenever people in Victoria try to think outside of the box, there is the "old guard" that wants to quash them. Prayers for you, Dr. Morgan." - 1 day, 4 hours ago

Ray Garza said,

"Just because you have 5 locations doesn't make you better. He only goes in there a couple of minutes anyway. What doctor patient relationship. " - 1 day, 4 hours ago

Frances Jones said,

"What an injustice 2 DR.MORGAN & he is my doctor & has been He has all my records & if it's anybody's business. I have a heart prob & MS & 5 blown Disc in my back. But I guess I should be referedv2 pain management Really ?? Why ?? So they can do the same as Morgan Why does DR McNeil not worried about the methadone clinic here in Victoria. Been there as well & that's legal ??? Talk about a bunch of " - 1 day, 4 hours ago

Edna man killed in crash was 'old school' friend to many

Cici Ann Contreras said,

"Prayers sent to all family and friends. " - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Inmates lose newspaper subscription; sheriff cites policy

Deborah Joy Young said,

"did you see the post from just one of many studies that say reading has shown beneficial in the rehabilitation of inmates and their successful reintegration into societ" - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Naomi Flonnory said,

"I personally don't know either Doctor, but it seems like every Doctor in Victoria is a Drive-Thru! We have a Medical shortage here!" - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Former student returns to school to teach (w/video)

Jessica Stone said,

"So many children need a positive male role model in their lives. Thank you for picking this most admirable profession. Have a great 1st year!!" - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Kimberly Wiggins said,

"Dr. McNeil isn't someone I would interview as an expert. Now that I am no longer in the medical field I have no problem saying this. He charged me to tell me that my young son's scabies (later diagnosed) were " nasty kid bumps." What a joke." - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Kim Johnson Oliver said,

"WoW.. drs in corpus barely acknowledge you anymore. The quality of care is sooo bad that sometimes hardly even eye contact. I don't know this Dr, but it seems like if he kept all records, drs here are no better than a drive thru pharmacy.. I do not see the problem. Maybe even more efficient than sitting in a drs OFFice when you sit for over an hour sometimes and possibly spread your germs to others that aren't as sick as you are..IMO drs even with high class offices are a joke now.." - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Melinda Miles said,

"This is ridiculous. Dr. Morgan is a very intelligent, competent and thorough physician. I have been to McNeil's clinic. I felt like that 30 second consult with his nurse does not compare with the personal consult and history that Morgan personally takes each and every visit. " - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Amanda Stoebner said,

"Haters are going to hate!!!! Dr. Morgan is a great man that helps all of his patients. He has them do all types of lab work, x-rays etc. Just because he gave other Victoria Doctors major competition they want to try to run him down!!! " - 1 day, 6 hours ago

Danna Mahoney said,

"McNeil thinks it is better to see you face to face, for 5 seconds, and then write a prescription for a $300.00 antibiotic. That you can't afford. Even after stating twice, that you don't have insurance, or Ichthyology money! Heaven forbid a Dr in this town actually wants to help people." - 1 day, 6 hours ago

Teddy N Erica Garcia said,

"That's a lie he is no pill mill he has all my records from the military from when I got hurt did labs mri and X rays it's not a walk in walk out type of place he cares " - 1 day, 6 hours ago

Driver rolls truck, spills trash on US 183

Cindy Striedel Dekowski said,

"Oops--- meant sense not since" - 1 day, 6 hours ago

Driver rolls truck, spills trash on US 183

Cindy Striedel Dekowski said,

"It is so disappointing to me that you didn't mention the multiple heroic truck drivers who worked diligently and quickly as a team to actually get this man released from where he was pinned in the truck before any law enforcement or EMS arrived. Those guys were heroes in every since of the word rescuing a man they didn't even know. Maybe instead of your headline reading 'Trash spilled on highway" you should talk about this group coming together to help this man---- when I told these guys they were heroes they simply responded "no ma'am just part of the truck driver brotherhood". " - 1 day, 6 hours ago