Blogs » Latest comments

Comments

Parkway Church brings families together for egg hunt (w/ video)

Mary Jane Salazar-Hernandez said,

"Thumbs up to Parkway Church........ " - 1 hour, 58 minutes ago

Victoria man shows signs of improving after attack; Pepper remains in custody

Mary Jane Salazar-Hernandez said,

"My thoughts and prayers for Lupe Sandoval and his family...." - 2 hours, 11 minutes ago

Services for fallen soldier Kerry Danyluk will be in Victoria

Margaret Rutherford said,

"May God comfort and give peace to the parents and family of this United States soldier. May you be surrounded by God's love. I am so sorry for your loss." - 3 hours, 15 minutes ago

Victoria man shows signs of improving after attack; Pepper remains in custody

Lucy Sandoval said,

"Thank you GOD, Family, Friends, and all who care about our brother! Everyone knows our brothers love of Tejano music well it just brought tearsand touched our hearts when his wife played him his favorite songs while standing at his bedside. Thank you, Michelle Sandoval" - 3 hours, 56 minutes ago

Victoria man shows signs of improving after attack; Pepper remains in custody

Virginia Cusack McElvaney said,

"Pepper is a walking time bomb. He should not be allowed to walk the streets. I hope that Mr. Sandoval gets better real soon. Let's hope Pepper stays behind bars and then maybe there is some kind of help for him. " - 4 hours, 54 minutes ago

Victoria man shows signs of improving after attack; Pepper remains in custody

Mary Patterson said,

"Prayers going up for the Sandoval family!" - 8 hours, 12 minutes ago

Nicky Anderson said,

"You will truely be missed Brandon... You are one of the sweetest big hearted guys that i have ever known.... Prayers to the whole family may you rest in peace Brandon love u" - 10 hours, 9 minutes ago

Workers Defense Project is topic of Crossroads Progressive Women meeting

John Schlembach said,

"Neat!" - 10 hours, 36 minutes ago

Pepper arrested on suspicion of assaulting man outside store

Art Henry said,

"Victoria is a better place without this man on the streets. " - 10 hours, 37 minutes ago

Crossroads soldier dies from injuries in Afghanistan (w/video)

Jennifer Decker said,

"Hate to break it to you Victoria Advocate, but that is one page of the yearbook. Flip the page. " - 11 hours, 10 minutes ago

Services for fallen soldier Kerry Danyluk will be in Victoria

Fran Lee said,

"My heart aches for the mother and father of this soldier. My son was killed 3 months ago in Afghanistan and I understand their pain and deep anguish. I am praying for you tonight." - 11 hours, 51 minutes ago

Pepper arrested on suspicion of assaulting man outside store

Tabitha Chamrad Weaver said,

"Praying for the Sandoval family. This is a very tragic incident that can't be ignored as other assault cases against him have. For Peppers safety and the Communities he shouldn't have have been allowed to wonder the streets, frequent businesses and approach people for money then become angry and disrespectful when they don't give him some. He needs to be in a Facility where he can get the help he needs and be closely monitored by trained Staff. Jail isn't the place for persons with Mental Illnesses or Intellectual Disabilitiies because the Courts don't understand that they aren't always able to control their behaviors and sometimes medications make their behaviors worse." - 14 hours, 40 minutes ago

America needs to break cycle of poverty

John Schlembach said,

""Being and remaining in poverty is a mind-set of those who have accepted a way of life that prevents escaping the poverty cycle." Your proof of this? All I see is an assertion that doesn't address quite a few significant causes of poverty." - 15 hours, 14 minutes ago

Gloria Centeno said,

"So very sorry too hear yet another victim of accident in Victoria rip Brandon prayers too his family an friends " - 15 hours, 43 minutes ago

Saturday Sermon: Jonah and the Resurrection

John Schlembach said,

"Omniscience is self-contradictory. Perhaps the "secrets" and "mysteries" are there because the conceptual framework is faulty? This does not surprise me since I know that Christianity has no theory of concepts (how they are formed, their use - and potential for abuse - in man's epistemology, etc)." - 15 hours, 48 minutes ago

Victoria Christian Assistance Ministry opens new food pantry

John Schlembach said,

"Excellent! I can't wait to make a donation (when I can)." - 15 hours, 49 minutes ago

Revelations: 'Why do I follow him?'

John Schlembach said,

"Happy Easter." - 15 hours, 53 minutes ago

Negative rhetoric has brainwashed Americans

Mike Mike said,

"Boyd,I did check my facts and I will stick with Victoria...I think the LTTEs go 10:1 anti-Obama and I don't remember seeing one anti-Bush LTTE...I read where people painted anti-Obama markings on a road, saw the anti-Obama sign at Uncle Mutts, and just now I drove by the Impeach Obama folks on Larkspur.I also remember the ruckus, when President Obama wanted to wish our kids back to school...I won't mention that it was the first time a president had to publically display his birth certificate because that wasn't local...Yes,President Bush got his share of criticism as every president will and it's not a bad thing, if it's factual.....The Dems never forced words into the mouths of the goofy politicians when they made remarks that cost them the election and it wasn't Dems who endorsed the invasive procedures for women seeking an abortion...The GOP earned that title." - 16 hours, 37 minutes ago

Negative rhetoric has brainwashed Americans

Donna Smith said,

"white militia groups?? " - 18 hours, 11 minutes ago

Negative rhetoric has brainwashed Americans

Dan Martin said,

"For example of "brainwashed" see below and then jump to conclusions." - 18 hours, 17 minutes ago

Maria DeLeon Kalka said,

"It breaks my heart to hear of this tragedy. I am so sorry for the loss of this young soul. Our prayers go out to Brandons family." - 18 hours, 22 minutes ago

Pepper arrested on suspicion of assaulting man outside store

Emily Dibrell said,

"Praying for both involved. So sad.." - 19 hours, 3 minutes ago

One person killed in US 59 crash (w/video)

Emily Dibrell said,

"Prayers for the family! " - 19 hours, 5 minutes ago

Soldier from Crossroads fatally wounded in Afghanistan

Terry Hernandez said,

"May God reward him and may he rest in peace. Prayers to his family." - 20 hours, 58 minutes ago

Natalie Pannell said,

"I am very sorry to hear that. i was friends with him when i was in middle school. i was best friends with allyon.my thoughts r with the family at this time of loss. " - 21 hours, 16 minutes ago

Susan Sills Temple said,

"I didn't know Brandon, but I went to school with Watson Talkington, and I know Watson's mother, Ruthie. I'm heartbroken for the family. This is such a tragedy. Prayers for the family. " - 21 hours, 18 minutes ago

Workers Defense Project is topic of Crossroads Progressive Women meeting

Margery Engel Loeb said,

"The $20 donation is for 1 year if you wish to be informed about meetings and support the programs. You may come without making the donation. " - 22 hours, 7 minutes ago

Robert Simon said,

"My prayers go out to all those who now have to try and carry on after such a tragic loss." - 22 hours, 29 minutes ago

Pepper arrested on suspicion of assaulting man outside store

Allen T Coffey said,

"Two victims here. Mr Sandoval who was assaulted and Pepper who has fallen through the cracks of Texas' clearly inadequate mental health care system. If Pepper's mental issues were under control this assault may not have happened. Mr Sandoval and Pepper have been let down by the State of Texas." - 23 hours, 18 minutes ago

Pepper arrested on suspicion of assaulting man outside store

Jonathan Williams said,

"Not surprised. If you didn't have cash to give him, he would get really angry. Prayers go out to all involved. Hopefully the DA will not just let this go and will get Pepper confined to the state mental health facility where he can get some help." - 23 hours, 35 minutes ago

Soldier from Crossroads fatally wounded in Afghanistan

Kim Richardson Uresti said,

"So sorry :( " - 23 hours, 35 minutes ago

Kay Langley said,

"So very sorry. My heart and prayers go out to the Talkington family." - 1 day ago

One person killed in US 59 crash (w/video)

Marshall Aitkens said,

"He was a good man, good friend. Rip brother. " - 1 day ago

Rhonda Templin said,

"My deepest sympathy to the Talkington family." - 1 day ago

Soldier from Crossroads fatally wounded in Afghanistan

Denean Stehling said,

"My condolences and prayers for this American Hero and his family. May God grant you peace. " - 1 day, 1 hour ago

Lisa Bluhm Duffield said,

"Thoughts and prayers go out to the Talkington family. Rest in peace Brandon. " - 1 day, 1 hour ago

Goliad EMS administrator keeps job despite medical directors' concerns

Eula Pfenninger said,

"I did ask if the Dr's was paid and I was told no it was free and so is the new Dr that they hired. So it not costing anything for Dr.s So Brent what kind of expenditures are you talking about. I like to ask that question also? Just want to know what you know. " - 1 day, 1 hour ago

Nichole Corporon said,

"Prayers for the Talkington Family! He will be missed! " - 1 day, 1 hour ago

Pepper arrested on suspicion of assaulting man outside store

Bro Mike Swearingen said,

"Within the last few weeks, as I have observed and talked to Pepper, he has seemed more angry and very frustrated in his conversations. We must understand , not a excuse but a reason, that although some consider Pepper a colorful character about town, he does have mental issues that are not dealt with. I have witnessed often folks in town teasing, taunting, and playing with Pepper at their pleasure and his expense." - 1 day, 1 hour ago

Heather Feliciano said,

"Rest in peace, Brandon. You will be missed. Prayers going out to his family." - 1 day, 1 hour ago

Rhonda Hooper said,

"May Our Lord wrap His comforting arms around the Talkington family, and Brandon's fiancée, at this time. Love to all~" - 1 day, 1 hour ago

Negative rhetoric has brainwashed Americans

Mike Mike said,

"Refreshing" - 1 day, 2 hours ago

Rachel Christina Heinatz said,

"We love u Brandon. Iam so sorry Brittany Susie Waltson and family. Let me know if i can do anything!!" - 1 day, 2 hours ago

John Hampton said,

"I love you and I'll miss you b rad friends for life, The only guy I know who would do anything for anyone never speeded never drove bad always looked both ways in my head I'm so confused about this no one can forget you. Rip" - 1 day, 2 hours ago

Michelle Head said,

"So very sad!!!! My thoughts and prayers go to the Talkington family! Brandon was a sweet young man. My thoughts with be with y'all During this horrible time. " - 1 day, 2 hours ago

Cindy Reyna said,

"So very sad, praying for both families. " - 1 day, 4 hours ago

Susan Bykowski Ramey said,

"So sorry to hear about the loss of your son Brandon my prayers are with you at this time of need love always you friend susan" - 1 day, 8 hours ago