Home » TRANSPORTING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS » Unverified Comments

Comments

• I happen to be open minded about both sides of this story. However, the "illegals" are coming here we are not going there. They need to conform to our customs, values, and morals not us to theres. Just like if I went to russia, mexico or whatever other country I'm going there I need to respect there laws and there customs not them respect mine. Thats the main problem the majority of Americans have with "illegals" is that they want us to cater to there culture and values. I don't think so they need to be catering to America. There coming her for jobs were not going there. Its not my fault or Americas fault that Mexico is corrupted by unccontrolled gang violence. Thats your country's goverments fault blame them not me or America.

May 1, 2009 at 2:32 p.m.
  • Sorry "N"...I should have been a bit clearer...I was agreeing with your comments and questioning the VicAds statement that it is split in half when it comes to those for and against the series.

I know that you...like me....have read enough readers comments over the past five years on this topic to know better when it comes to that "half and half" statement. Just trying to back you up a bit.

April 29, 2009 at 1:40 a.m.
  • onecrabbylady:
    I totally agree with you one the 80/20,but, I'm only repeating what THEY told me.

April 28, 2009 at 9:49 p.m.
  • Well said N47...I believe that is exactly what we are going to have to do. I do find it interesting that according to the Advocate the population of readers of the paper is split in two on this issue...seems like all I ever read are comments that seemed to be more in tune with 80 - 20, a consertive estimate, with the latter being those who wish to dwell on this subject a little longer.

Soybomb...what can one say?....you wouldn't understand it anyway.

April 28, 2009 at 1 a.m.
  • THIS THREAD IS GETTING REAL OLD AND OUT OF HAND! I SPOKE TO THE ADVOCATE TODAY AND WAS INFORMED THAT THERE WILL BE THREE OR FOUR MORE SEGMENTS ON THE FATAL FUNNEL BECAUSE IT IS SPLIT DOWN THE MIDDLE FOR AND AGAINST.
    SO, THE CHOICES LEFT ARE TO READ IT OR IGNORE IT. THAT CAN ONLY BE LEFT UP TO US AS INDIVIDUALS.

April 28, 2009 at 12:41 a.m.
  • wtf? so your saying tht ppl who have come to this country legally or had parents tht came here legally should have to leave? wtf is tht?

April 27, 2009 at 11:35 p.m.

April 27, 2009 at 11:19 p.m.
  • im doing ok bigj, im just holding it together and trying to get through this next week. thanks for asking

April 27, 2009 at 1:40 a.m.
  • the huge difference between the canadian border and the mexican border is tht we dont have an influx of immigrants coming from canada illegally. we're getting tht from mexico. if you wanna live in this country, then thts fine. i have nothing against it. but fill out the paperwork and do it legally. and maybe we need to improve the process, but crossing here illegally isnt going to help your case. and to this woman: if you get stopped and detained, then you deserve it. you broke a law, a law tht exists for a good reason and you need to be punished for it. mexico's corrupt and inept government shouldnt be our problem, but it is. their drug lords are coming into our country. and we need to stop tht, i certainly hope obama has a good plan to get it done. but everything has to start with mexico trying to improve itself, not looking for handouts.

April 26, 2009 at 11:49 p.m.
  • fairminded:
    Why not take it a step further? I would not be surprised after today that this story has run its course. But, who knows what lurks in the minds of the advocate writers? Only the EDITOR knows!

April 26, 2009 at 10:11 p.m.
  • The Advocate didn't give this much coverage to the 9/11 attack and thousands of AMERICAN lives were lost. I'm sick of it. Do you hear, Victoria Advocate?

They were ILLEGAL ALIENS, not Ms. Garcia's people. Ms. Garcia, your people are in the USA legally.......

April 26, 2009 at 9:51 p.m.
  • N4796V... I thought providing our opinion on this page is a notification to the Advocate to stop their obsession with this subject and STOP the nonsense.

April 26, 2009 at 9:21 p.m.
  • Ms. Garcia, if you're following these posts, --LADY, YOU opened one big can of Worms, and there ain't NO WAY you are going to be able to shut the lid!
    Victoria Advocate: YOU supplied the can opener!

April 26, 2009 at 8:40 p.m.
  • I dont know who this makes look more silly , Mrs. Garcia or the Advocate. The east and west border ? A Military action ? I hope the Advocate is reading these blogs.

April 26, 2009 at 8:25 p.m.
  • I agree N4796V I too am tired of hearing how "sad" these stories are. I think what is law is law and we should enforce it no matter what some think is too extreme or not.
    But as a point of interest, I think she has a great plan to put a border/fence around the whole country and monitor all who enter.

April 26, 2009 at 8 p.m.

April 26, 2009 at 7:07 p.m.
  • If everyone is tired of reading about this story, then call The Advocate and voice your opinion. I called them about another issue and they listened, and something WAS done about it.

April 26, 2009 at 5:47 p.m.
  • When are people in the United States going to realize that Mexican citizens have free domain over the US? They have a right to come here at any time. They can receive free medical care, free educations including college, free use of all property including privately owned. And since they are not US citizens, they do not have to honor any US law. This means they do not have to have drivers licenses or insurance, pay taxes of any type, respect any of the drug laws, or anything else that doesn't fit their needs. They can also require American citizens to modify things to fit their needs such as requiring everything be in Spanish. As an American citizen, you are required to make sure they have what they need under the risk of being arrested if you don't comply. This includes coming on your property and taking anything they need. If you resist or disagree with any of this, it is because you are a racist and should be arrested. If you do not believe this to be true, then start enforcing the law and send them back... Oh that's right...that would make you a racist and the goverment might take action.

April 26, 2009 at 5:14 p.m.
  • "don't ya know, free education, and Universities and Colleges..."

I thought i covered elementary and secondary school by using a "AND"

April 26, 2009 at 4:45 p.m.
  • RUKIDDINME, so true. My kids can't get any help with college because we make too much, which means we pay lots of taxes, to help out these illegals and underprivileged go to school.

April 26, 2009 at 4:31 p.m.
  • Umm because , don't ya know, free education, and Universities and Colleges, with there progressive instructors do not care about the students status, just more minds to preach there progressive agenda to.

April 26, 2009 at 3:36 p.m.
  • Texpat 308: WE ALREADY HAVE ETHNIC PROBLEMS! Some of what you say is true!
    Victorianbybirth(haven't heard you in awhile-HELLO!): I wasn't there, but what you've described happens on a daily basis. As far as our jails, the ACLU, LULAC, and probably "La Raza Unida" would be all over the US saying to treat them humanely. What would be nice is to put ALCATRAZ back into operation!

Like I said in my earlier post to Ms. Garcia: If ANYONE has ANY ideas, contact the State Department.

April 26, 2009 at 2:48 p.m.
  • Miss Garcia doesnt sound like she can speak English too good, either aint tried to better herself or care to be an American. her argument about the Canadian border is stupid. you dont see Canadians running across the border, breaking the law, having thousands of anchor babies at our expense, spreading gangs, having high dropout rates and doing their best to make America a 3rd world country like mexico. it is time for Americans to say "Enough!!!" if we dont stop the illegals, ethnic problems arent far away.

April 26, 2009 at 1:22 p.m.
  • I was in Laredo last week, enjoying the view of the Rio Grande from my balcony. It was around 5:30pm & I saw someone coming across the river. It turned out to be 3 men, one was pulling something. They came across, climbed up the embankment & started jumping around, mind you, where they came up is the parking lot for Border Patrol. A few minutes later, a Border Patrol officer showed up, then 3 more. The guys ran back down, the officers went to the edge of the embankment & I saw them gesturing to the men. A while later I saw them heading back across. About midway across, 2 other men came from Mexicos side from under a tree, they met the other 3 guys in the middle, 1 of the new guys started yelling & flipping off Border Patrol, that lasted a few minutes & then they all went back across to Mexico. They hung put in the water under the tree for awhile & then finally went out of sight. I could not figure out what they were trying to do...were they just bored older kids taunting Border Patrol, or were they trying to create a diversion for someone else? Regardless, I found it to be rather ballsy of them, I would never ever ever go across to Mexico & taunt their cops, that would get me thrown in jail for a long long time. Hmmm....there's a thought, we Americans are terrified of Mexican jails, maybe we should make them terrified of ours.

April 26, 2009 at 12:59 p.m.
  • momof2, rukiddingme, and fairminded

I agree with you guys....when are they(the Advocate) going to let these people rest in peace. You think they would have something else to write about.

Hey Advocate......ENOUGH!!!!!! Find something else to write about. This is crap that we have to read about this AGAIN!

Get over it already, it happened.....no need in glorifying something illegal.

I wonder if the Advocate is trying to encourage the transportation of illegal aliens by repeatedly running stories about it. Perhaps they are trying to encourage it so they will have something to write about in conjunction with this horrible event. I would think encouraging this act would be a federal offense, I don't know. I am not a lawyer but it just seems fishy that the Advocate keep pushing this story six years after the fact. My suggestion, STOP writing about it already. Can't you see that your readers are tired of this subject?

April 26, 2009 at 12:56 p.m.
  • I believe in opportunity for all. Ms. Garcia is entitled to her own opinion as we are ours. If Ms. Garcia wants to really help the immigrants, why doesn't she advocate better living conditions for "her people" in their own country as so many others do in their countries? They come to the U.S. and learn. They take their knowledge back to their country and help and teach. Now, as far as the "fences" are concerned: The "EAST and WEST" are bordered by the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, respectively. We also have Customs and ICE watching them,as well as, all our borders. You can't "walk" across water. We have to the South the Gulf of Mexico AND Mexico, which, the latter you can walk across easily, and for a price.The Canadian/US border is very strict to cross BOTH WAYS. I've been there and they check you thoroughly. It was always easier for me to cross back and forth at Laredo. Going into Mexico-no questions asked-coming back to the US-I had to answer a few questions, and that was it! We are always having terrorists trying to get into the US and Mexico is the easiest way to get in! Also, I think Ms. Garcia is looking at this as a Mexico/Texas thing.
    And Ms. Garcia: it is your right to help these people if you choose,but, if you are breaking the law, would you feel "picked on" or "singled out" if arrested? Are you trying to be a Martyr? It is truly sad that so many people from "other countries" cannot make a decent living at home and have to go through the measures they
    do to come here and work. I was at a friend's ranch one time, and we came across two males, a child, and a female-walking across the ranch in mid -july South Texas heat. We helped them with food and water and a place to rest. The "coyote" dumped them after taking their money. Why do they(the immigrants) spend so much money and risk their lives to do better here-maybe? Most of the time, they are exploited and taken advantage of which I feel is inhumane!Ms. Garcia: why not take your ideas and energy and focus on helping them in their country, so they do not have to take the chances that they do?
    I do not see this problem going away. When you "militarize" an area, your not out to "shoot to kill." Why don't you "Patrol" the border with your words AND pray you do not come across a
    TERRORIST. If you have a better idea in securing our borders, and I MEAN BORDERS-I'm sure the State Department would like to hear
    from you. Mexico is not being singled out other than the fact it's the easiest way to get into the US.
    I've said enough---------------------------------------------------------.

April 26, 2009 at 11:44 a.m.
  • allfiredup hit the nail right on the head. Elizabeth Garcia is a coyote committed to aiding and abetting the violation of the immigration laws of my country. Lock her up and throw away the key.

April 26, 2009 at 11:04 a.m.
  • Your story might be more aptly titled "Elizabeth Garcia...committed to helping illegal aliens."Did she say these are her people? If she is an American citizen then these are not her people, because they are illegal aliens. Does she know these people, their backgrounds, history? Would she personally vouch for their good character? She is just another coyote masquerading under the banner of a righteous christian. Arrest her.

April 26, 2009 at 10:38 a.m.
  • Let it go. Report on the positive things that happen in Victoria.

April 26, 2009 at 9:54 a.m.
  • I enjoyed this series, and I think this is one of the best stories in it. I found it very interesting to see how the events came together. It makes me wonder how many of the big trucks might have people in them.

I doubt that this tragedy has had any effect on those determined to come in. Desperate people will take desperate action. May not be justified, but we see it all the time just the same. I don't think the purpose of the series was to necessarily change anything, I think it was to enlighten.

If this is exploitation, then what is a history book?

April 26, 2009 at 9:53 a.m.
  • to the Advocate Folks...

Dudes! we get it. I mean how much longer do you intend on on milking this cow?

I understood the tragedy way back when it happened in 2003. Six years later and you're still hung-up on the same story... please move on.

Your continued coverage is nothing but self-serving as you continue to exploit this tragedy and didn't add not even an iota of new information. So please, drop it and move on to the next one...

It was an awful tragedy and the reality of the matter is that human smuggling is happening every day. Even if Immigration was reformed to allow for a systematic and expeditious entry, the smuggling of women for the sex trade will continue. I suggest that we invest in additional forces at the Border... as the saying goes: the squeaky wheel gets the grease... the wheel at the border is squeaking loud... it is time to tell our elected officials to take all points of entry seriously and invest in the security of our country.

I mean look at what happened at our airport post 911 incident. Thousands of Security Personnel were added and the cost for such was added to the every airline ticket to pay for this added security.

The same can be done at the Border... add Border Patrol agents and require that every car traveling through the border to pay an extra fee, regardless whether the vehicle is coming of going. It can be done and MUST be done.

April 26, 2009 at 9:23 a.m.
  • Not another story about the illegals in the trailer ! Please enough!

April 26, 2009 at 9:12 a.m.