Home » Distracted driver runs into SUV » Unverified Comments

Comments

• It's in the same line as not spanking children and then wondering why they are so rotten.
    Ticket are a deterrant to not paying attention and always trying to do your best while driving.
    The officers must not want people to try to do better while they are driving.

April 20, 2010 at 9:17 a.m.
  • When I was sixteen, I rear-ended a city worker on North Navarro. The accident was completely my fault, and the man I hit had problems at work because of the accident (he was driving a city vehicle), and yet I didn't receive a ticket either. At the time, I felt I had gotten lucky, but now that I'm older, I realize I should have been ticketed. I may have taken the incident more seriously. I understand that ticketing the driver at fault just worsens an already bad situation, but perhaps an expensive ticket would be an eye-opener for those who continue to drive recklessly, like my sixteen-year-old-self =)

April 20, 2010 at 8:59 a.m.
  • Seems like half the people on this website want tickets issued and the other half dont.

Nobody will ever be happy.

April 9, 2010 at 6:57 a.m.
  • I am so tired of reading articles regarding accidents where a driver was found at fault but not issued a citation. This is getting ridiculous and needs to be investigated!

April 8, 2010 at 12:34 p.m.
  • I wonder if she know one. That is way Victoira operates.

April 8, 2010 at 12:26 p.m.
  • I agree with familyman; why wasn't this woman given a ticket? But a couple extra questions need to be asked, if an officer says no tickets the reporters next question should be" Will there be a ticket issued after all the evidence is reviewed?" and if the officer says no. Then their next questions should be "Why?" If the officer is hesitant to answer, remind them who REALLY signs their check. We deserve an answer.

April 8, 2010 at 8:05 a.m.
  • do I hear "selective law enforcement"???????

April 8, 2010 at 6:36 a.m.
  • This is the third one, this month, to get off scott free when they were at fault. Does this mean that I can cause a wreck and get off without a ticket? C'mon VPD, do your job please.

April 8, 2010 at 3:11 a.m.
  • no ticket for not wearing a seat belt?

April 7, 2010 at 6:29 p.m.