Comments

• Oops! That was supposed guEssin'. I've been using so many "Es" that I sorta ran out. Sorry 'bout that. You'd think anything as smart as this computer would know what I meant.

July 26, 2010 at 12:40 p.m.
  • Wayward you are correct!

July 26, 2010 at 12:12 p.m.
  • "Broderick had no adult criminal record that could be found."

I admit that I'm not an expert in criminal law, but isn't under 18 considered a juvinile? Aren't juvinile records sealed. Isn't Broderick 18? If this is all true, he's been an adult less than a year. I don't know how long it's been since his birthday, but I'm gussin' this is the first time he's been in trouble since he turned 18 and we don't know what is juvi record is since it's sealed. If I'm wrong about any or all of this, please correct me.

July 26, 2010 at 10:31 a.m.
  • I know this is still south Texas but driving around with loaded guns in your car? Have heard some people in Cuero talk that what Advocate has is not whole story.

July 26, 2010 at 10:06 a.m.
  • COPIED FROM ANOTHER ARTICLE IN THE ADVOCATE:
    Ongoing feud tied to Cuero shooting

Broderick had no adult criminal record that could be found.
    The suspects' family members said the shooting was out of character for their loved ones.
    "They aren't criminals. Broderick's a good guy who doesn't get in trouble," said Broderick's cousin, Derrick Prince.
    Lena Evans, Shakeal's grandmother, agreed.
    "He was in some trouble, but what kid isn't?" she said.
    Evans said she had raised Shakeal since birth because his mother was in jail. But at age 14, he moved out to live with friends.
    "I thought I did a pretty good job raising him," she said

GMAB! If a kid tries to move in with friends at age 14. Go get them, file charges on his friends for harboring a minor. And, sorry, they are criminals, they had guns, ran the streets and did as they please. This is the makeup of a criminal. As all of this is playing out in Cuero, where we live, my adopted son stays at home with me, and tells me each time he hears about these kids he knows of. “Even though sometimes I thought I hated you, Mom, I am so happy that you are so tough, and came after me and never gave up, as I see all of these kids I know go to jail, I really want to thank you Mom for loving me so much, and never giving up on me”.

July 25, 2010 at 8:47 p.m.
  • thewaywardwind

I totally agree with you. My adopted son is the results of a crack addicted mother, and who knows who "the baby's daddy is"

July 25, 2010 at 8:32 p.m.
  • Redneckgirl...You're expecting a lot from the "parents" involved (or, rather, NOT involved) in this case. Whereas YOU care and are involved in your son's life, and take the time and put forth the effort to do the right things to make sure he will turn out to be a productive and valuable member of society, the parents in this case clearly don't give a rat's patootie. Anybody can make a kid -- all that's needed is an egg and one little swimmer thingie; it takes someone really special to RAISE one.

July 25, 2010 at 8:17 p.m.
  • It does not take guts to turn one's self in for shooting another. Nor does it take guts to shoot another. IT TAKES STUPITY TO SHOOT ANOTHER, IT TAKES NO REMORSE FOR WHAT ONE DOES. And, yes I once again blame some on the parent’s. Know where your kids are, know who they hang with and make sure you check on anything they tell you. Talk to other parents, and if there are NOT others parents involved with your kid’s friends, then DO NOT allow them to hang with such friends, put alarms systems in your home so they cannot sneak out, go after them when they try to lie and be places you do not allow, go get them and put them in your car bodily. I know some hate it when I mention my 18 yr old adopted son, he came to me at 13, very troubled and out of hand in his behaviors. Now he knows what I expect, and I have more than once manhandled him and put him in my car when he thought he was going to defy me, took him to the police station, had him arrested. I have not had to do this for almost three years now, because he knows Mama will be there if he thinks he can do anything against my rules. Parents need to get tough and get the police involved if need be.

Once again I will say. GUNS, GANGS AND KIDS DO N OT MIX WELL!!!!!!! I know these boys have been allowed to do as they please, they run the streets and prey on innocent citizens and laugh about. I live in Cuero.

July 25, 2010 at 7:58 p.m.
  • One of them has been on his own since he was 14, grandma seems to think 14 was long enough to rear him & thinks she did a bang up job. I guess considering her child (his mother) is/was in jail, anything short of that would be worthy of a pat on the back. Oops, he's going to jail too.....

July 25, 2010 at 7:37 p.m.
  • Why hasn't the Addvocate dug into the backgrounds of the people involved in these shootings? Were these isolated incidents or are we talking a long trail of criminal behavior?

July 25, 2010 at 1:29 p.m.
  • The parents? Wel not all kids fault. I have a 20 year old and he isn't perfect but i talk to him and I dont drink in front of them or at all.so thay were shown violence at a young age and now its to late wel questions the patents.because it could of been prevented ouf someone would of stepedin. THERe Parents. Because at this age there minds are still developing. So saD

July 25, 2010 at 11:38 a.m.
  • the child endangerment comes from them shooting while this family's chldren were outside playing in the yard.

July 25, 2010 at 8:02 a.m.
  • That took some guts to turn themselves in knowing the charges. They did the right thing. Now justice can prevail.

July 25, 2010 at 6:31 a.m.
  • second offense, should be automatic death penalty, express lane

July 25, 2010 at 1:12 a.m.
  • any crime involving shooting / stabbing a person, the jury should have the option of the death penalty

July 25, 2010 at 12:16 a.m.
  • That is good they turned themselves in..Now they deserve the max penalty for their crimes..What is up with the child endangerment charge. Anyway glad at least those criminals are off the street.

July 24, 2010 at 11:05 p.m.