Home » Yoakum man dies in armored van wreck » Unverified Comments

Comments

• My sincerest condolences to the Wauson family.

I am a lawyer currently representing a victim in a suit against Triple D; its driver ran a red light and T-boned my client in an 8000 pound van like the one that killed Ray Wauson. This company does not maintain ANY automobile insurance, and has instead filed financial records with the Department of Public Safety which are supposed to prove that it can pay a judgment rendered against it.

I would ask all of the posters above who have first-hand information (about the way this company operates and has operated in the past) which might be helpful in my prosecution of my clients' case, to please email me at dlejune@triallawyers.net or call me using the phone number in my web site.

August 6, 2010 at 2:22 p.m.
  • From what I have heard, the family of the deceased told the Lacks that they were not welcomed at the funeral. Can't blame them.

July 30, 2010 at 6:59 p.m.
  • Mr. and Misses Wauson. This is Jim Hopping, I was Rays driver. Im at a loss as to what to say. Sorry doesnt seem enough. When the tire blew it swerved to the right, I tried everything I could to get stopped, nothing worked. Within seconds I had know control of the vehicle what so ever. The van actually seemed to gain speed. The Dps called me at the hospital in San Antonio, he said it gained speed due to all the extra weight we were carrying. The horror of that morning never leaves me, many times I break down crying, it seems like Ill never stop. Please believe me, Im sorry beyond words, It should never have happened. Ill never forget Ray. You are always in my prayers. God Bless You, Jim Hopping

July 19, 2010 at 4:27 a.m.
  • This company's motto should be 'Triple D...throwing our employees under the bus, for customer and profit.

July 3, 2010 at 10:14 a.m.
  • MY PRAYERS FOR THE FAMILIES AND THE EMPLOYEES WHO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. I TOO WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY IN THE PAST AND WE ALWAYS HAD ISSUES WITH THOSE VANS...THEY ARE MADE FOR CHECK CASHING AND ATM WORK AND NOT FOR HAULING TONS OF COIN ON SKIDS OR OVER LOADING WITH BOX OR BAG COIN. NO NEED TO WONDER IF SEATBELTS WERE USED BECAUSE THEY NEVER WORKED OR CAME EQUIPPED WITH THEM INSTALLED. ANYTHING TO SAVE A BUCK WITH THIS COMPANY AND NO CARES FOR YOUR SAFETY OR THE GENERAL PUBLIC. THEY NEED TO CHECK TO SEE IF THE TIRES WERE BALD, ITS THERE COMMON PRACTICE NOT TO REPLACE TIRES UNLESS IT GOES FLAT AND EVEN THEN THEY SHOULDNT GET A TIRE PATCH WITH ALL THAT WEIGHT RIDING ON IT. WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER AND SUE THEN CLOSE EM UP!

July 1, 2010 at 4:29 p.m.
  • SCORPIO-as far as the vehicle specs go, they are usually just armored vans, no other modification is made to the suspension to support the additional weight. Even with the newer vehicles in the Houston branch. This company is cheap, plain and simple.

June 30, 2010 at 8:27 p.m.
  • I wanna start off by sending my prayers out to both families. I myself am an ex Triple D employee. So i know first hand how they operate and how safety is not their priority. Triple D is about saving the Lacks money and low budgeting on their work vehicles. I myself had a right rear wheel and tire completely fly off the vehicle while on route. My self and partner were fortunate to have been able to steer off the highway on to the shoulder with out any incident. Most of the vehicles that we used were not able to lock and on some doors having to be held with bungee cords and rope. All the red flags were documented on the maintenance sheets but were never fixed. Everyone knows in the armored business that their vehicles are a joke, some with fenders hanging off, and bumpers missing. (off subject) One example on how they dont care about their employees is, i often did a solo route all alone on a two man route and in a truck with NO AIR CONDITIONING and DID NOT LOCK. If anyone knows there are no windows to roll down, and riding alone driving and hopping is very dangerous. Bottom Line is triple D is a joke and I hope they get sued. Triple D should take after its Lacks slogan, "if its not right, we'll make it right" .

June 28, 2010 at 7:27 p.m.
  • The vehicles these poor guys drive are a joke, I've seen these pieces of junk on the road, they look like a cartoon truck with the wheels wobbling all over the place....they inspect the trucks from Mexico which are better than Triple D's. I hope they sue the pants off of them, but you have to remember who owns that company....probably wouldn't make it to the front steps of the courthouse being they are good old boys and they all sleep together.... but my prayers are still with you that justice will be served.

June 20, 2010 at 10:14 a.m.
  • The bottom line for this company is the almighty dollar. They would throw an employee under the bus rather than see to their safety. Hopefully the investigation will pull up the maintenance sheets and show Triple D failed to properly take care the vehicle.

June 20, 2010 at 8:07 a.m.
  • My heart goes out to everyone who was injured in this horrible wreck!!! My husbend use to work for Triple D in 2003, he had only been employed with this company for 3 months when he was involed in an accident!!! Triple D does not care who they hurt,. Triple D cuts corners after corners to protect themselves!!! Please everybody who goes to work for this company beware, its not worth your life!!!!

June 19, 2010 at 1:15 p.m.
  • I happen to know this company. Safety is of little concern to them. It is highly doubtful that their vehicles could legally pass state inspection. The vehicles are poorly maintained and their routes are are so packed, that driving recklessly is the only way to make sure the job gets done. DPS should do an inspection of their vehicles

June 19, 2010 at 9:14 a.m.
  • i am so sorry for the Wauson family lose, and our prayers go out to mr. Hopping for a speedy recovery. my son and i drove up on the wreck and just started to pray that everyone was ok. we will keep you all in our prayers

June 19, 2010 at 8:56 a.m.
  • I am so sorry for the family of Mr Wauson. That was a horrible wreck. I only wonder if the tires were rated for the weight of the vehicle.

June 18, 2010 at 9:31 p.m.
  • This is very sad. My prayers goes out to his family. Ray was a great young man and a hard worker. I will keep his family, loved ones & friends in my prayers.

June 18, 2010 at 2:53 p.m.
  • My deepest sympathies to the families.

June 18, 2010 at 2:21 p.m.