Comments

• you see cops are smarter than a fith graders

December 18, 2011 at 7:29 p.m.
  • A 'gateway crime" ... LMAO!!!

I like the Cool Hand Luke reference most.

December 18, 2011 at 11:56 a.m.
  • We'll this is just a gateway crime, kids are sure to graduate to cutting parking meters down with pipe wrenches.

December 18, 2011 at 9:28 a.m.
  • Sadly in many cases the parents are in shock that the police would even have the gall to accuse these perfect children of a crime or mischevious activity even if caught in the act or on film doing it.
    Some parents would even say that the police set up a trap and tricked the little angels into being bad or that it "must" be someone elses fault.

I have to say the cops did the right thing here, but my guess is some of the parents aren't going to follow suit.

December 18, 2011 at 8:52 a.m.
  • Police handled it very well in my opinion. Items like this are best handled in the home. No need to make a federal case out it -

Kids will be kids-- a little adult intervention can help prevent the next prank that may be more serious.

Officers get a thumbs-up from me-

December 18, 2011 at 8:16 a.m.
  • Multipurpose-
    Kindly review the "User Policy"
    Many of us find your comment offensive and off subject.
    I assume VA staff will remove the comment-
    Thanks-

December 18, 2011 at 1:38 a.m.

December 17, 2011 at 11:35 p.m.
  • 11 and already on probation, great parenting at work here.

December 17, 2011 at 11:19 a.m.
  • Must be a slow news day...

December 17, 2011 at 10:04 a.m.
  • It's the fact that the officers could actually catch 11 year olds who are running that I find comforting and refreshing- some don't look like they've done any excercise at all since the academy. It's nice to know that these two are in good shape!

As far as the kids - I'm sure these two officers analyzed the situation and handled it the way they were trained to. I doubt there was an over reaction - they intervened and released them to their parents so I'm not sure where the over reacation is?

So, good job guys for handling what could have been a sensitive situation properly - now continue to stay in shape!

December 17, 2011 at 9:01 a.m.