Comments

• @cafevida.........yes, she is related to me, she is my mom... my mom still is very aware as anyone as far a driving and other things... she is in great shape and is a marathon runner to this date... that hwy crossing is very dangerous and has in past been the site of many deadly accidents , young and old... She just did not see the vehicle coming, which happens to a lot of people, im just glad it wasnt deadly to anyone. I been monitoring her motor skills since she turned 70, even though it was her 1st accident , im still going to advise someday soon for her not to drive, thanks for commenting

July 4, 2011 at 12:41 p.m.
  • Gloria2
    I was fortunate enough to know several WWII veterans. Thing about these dudes was that I knew they were vets and that was about it. Never heard them brag or belly ache. Then they started to die off about 20 years ago and was I surprised by their service. Especially one Victorian who was captured in the Philippines and spent the whole war as a Japanese slave until we nuked japan, Mr. V never talked about it.

June 30, 2011 at 1:07 p.m.
  • I agree GOP-love child. That's why they call them the greatest generation. my father- in -law walkes every where he goes because he decided to quit driving and he is 89. WW2 era Vets are the toughest.

June 30, 2011 at 10:47 a.m.
  • God Bless this 80 yr old man who is trying to help make ends meet. I guess the 73 yr old lady is a relative of yours leecaballero. Even though just because she "never had an accident until now" maybe it is in the best interest for the family to discuss the issue if she should continue driving. Some people at that age are capable of driving and some aren't. There are alot of people out there of all ages that should not be driving!!

June 30, 2011 at 8:32 a.m.
  • Applaud the 80 year for still working in the heat at 2pm ... As far as the 73 year woman , who never had an accident until now, well I think her and her family will decide if she is capable of driving again ... I thank God no one was seriously injured.

June 29, 2011 at 8:18 p.m.
  • I agree GOP..an 80 yr old working outside in THIS heat!
    The 70 yr old lady- she will b issued a cite, but will she have 2 undergo any type of investigation from DPS regarding her ability 2 drive? Just wondering......

June 29, 2011 at 6:31 p.m.
  • 80 year old dude working in this sun?
    Victoria is full of wussies who refuse to work in this heat.
    Really, check out the fat dudes soaking up our AC in the VPL.

June 29, 2011 at 5:15 p.m.