Home » Teenager bicyclist rams into car » Unverified Comments

Comments

• Thanks to all those people that were there with me. The VPD the Fire Department and of course EMS.and to Angie and Nancy Stevens I was so shook up and they were there to calm me down and gave me a shoulder to cry on. someone gave me a shirt and its a Victoria Sunrise Roary Club Shirt and i don't know how I got it. If the person reads this and it belongs to you please give me a call 572 9274. Also, to the gentlmen that stayed with me thank you so much. Its nice to know that there are so many people out there that do care . Being a nurse myself I know how fast things can happen within seconds. Again, please pray for Johnathan and he makes a speedy recovery.

May 11, 2011 at 7:56 p.m.
  • Donna, that's a nice note.
    Such things can certainly be traumatic whether one is physically hurt or not. Best wishes to you and the kiddo.

May 11, 2011 at 4:16 p.m.
  • I was the driver of the Outlander and I must say I pray to god this never happens to anyone. Yes, I indured nitmares last nite just the thought of thinking I had hit a child. Yes, there were 7 witness' and the north bound lane had the green light. The woman that was next to me almost hit him but she braked just in time and I was caught on her blind side and he rammed into my car. As I saw a shoe fly in front of my windshield and felt a bump I just knew i had ran him over. I lost it I thought of it being my own child. For as much damage that was done to my car i just knew he was hurt very bad. I hope and pray this child recovers from his injuries. A car can replaced but a life cannot.
    I pray Johnathan recovers ..

May 11, 2011 at 1:10 p.m.
  • How do people get into a hoseing contest when it is about a young boy having an accident? And don't forget about the driver. Everyone leaves with a scar. Let's keep in mind that we could all be involved in something without fault or blame.

May 11, 2011 at 10:09 a.m.
  • I hate crossing John Stockbauer. My son wants to ride his bike to school and I told him NO WAY, just drive. =P

May 11, 2011 at 9:01 a.m.
  • You're right pp. Whatever happened to teaching kids the proper way to share the road? We have all of these PSA messages about cars and drivers needing to share the road, but you don't see much in the way of pedestrian responsibility. It used to be you had to wait until you got to college before you could just brazenly stroll into traffic and expect the vehicles to stop.

Oh, that's right! I forgot that we are on the part pendulum swing where it's ok to have the minimal amount of personal responsibility. How long do think mommy and daddy waited before they bought junior a new bike? I'm thinking on the way home from the hospital. What are the odds on whether or not they will sue the poor woman?

Exactly, move along nothing to see here.

May 11, 2011 at 8:58 a.m.
  • Looks like the city needs to close the intersection to pedestrian traffic. WHAT'S IT GOING TO TAKE!?! A DEATH!?!

May 11, 2011 at 8:32 a.m.
  • I'm glad everyone is ok

May 10, 2011 at 9:21 p.m.