Could you pass eighth-grade social studies STAAR test?
- 2 unverified comments
Thank you for your submission.Error report or correction
1. In 1854, Anthony Burns, a fugitive slave from Alexandria, Va., was arrested in Boston and returned to Virginia. Which federal legislation provided the basis for Burns's arrest?
2. Although many farmers fought in the Civil War, why were farms in both the Union and Confederacy able to continue operating?
3. Missouri and Maine were admitted to the Union under the terms of a compromise involving what?
4. How did the disruption in Atlantic shipping prior to and during the War of 1812 significantly affect the U.S. economy?
1. The Compromise of 1850
2. Because women often managed farm operations
3. The expansion of slavery into Western states
4. American industries expanded to provide replacements for foreign goods.