Health Calendar for Jan. 8-Feb. 12
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren• WHAT: A safe and supportive environment in which to discuss experiences, provide temporary relief from the cares and worries of day-to-day problems and develop methods and skills for solving problems. Childcare provided with phone reservation.
• WHEN: 3-5 p.m., Monday
• WHERE: 803 Pine St.
• CONTACT: Jill O'Neill at 361-571-7299, 361-570-6114 or email@example.com; Annette Gant at 361-212-5113, 361-894-7283 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Crystal Perales at 361-489-1339 or email@example.com
Living Courage Support Group• WHAT: For female survivors of family violence who have been affected by physical or emotional abuse, either past or present.
• WHEN: 2-3 p.m., Tuesday
• WHERE: 120 S. Main St., Suite 310
• CONTACT: Contact the Family Violence Department at Mid-Coast Family Services to sign-up: 361-575-7842.
NAMI Victoria Support Meeting• WHAT: A support meeting for those living with or living with someone with mental illness.
• WHEN: 6:30 p.m., Jan. 16
• WHERE: St. Francis Episcopal Church, 3002 Miori Lane
• CONTACT: Lisa at 361-935-0080
Citizens CPR Classes• WHAT: Classes held throughout the year at Citizens Medical Center teach public the latest information on CPR.
• WHEN: 5:30-9 p.m., Jan. 17
• WHERE: Citizens Medical Center Central Classroom, 2701 Hospital Drive
• COST: $40
• CONTACT: To pre-register, call 361-572-5064.
Better Breathers• WHAT: A support group for people with chronic lung disease or lung problems.
• WHEN: Noon-1 p.m., Jan. 25
• WHERE: Citizens HealthPlex, 9406 NE Zac Lentz Parkway
• CONTACT: To register, call 361-582-1109.
Golden Crescent CASA Volunteer Training• WHAT: In Port Lavaca, the first Golden Crescent CASA training will be held for volunteer advocates.
WHEN: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Jan. 26• WHERE: Call for location.
• CONTACT: Call Golden Crescent CASA at 361-573-3734 for more information.