Could you pass a STAAR world geography test?
The following questions, released by the Texas Education Agency, were adapted from a STAAR end-of-course world geography exam.
1. In which ocean did merchants historically use monsoon winds to travel along trade routes?
2. In 1999, Turkey was recognized as a candidate for full membership in the European Union. Turkey's primary goal in making this membership bid was to benefit from what?
3. A geographer could place North Africa and Indonesia in the same category because most of the people living in these regions have what in common?
1. Indian Ocean
2. Greater access to markets within the organization
3. Adherence to the same religion