Comments

• blue_marble: you are so correct in many ways. Thank you for all the info. In Our small town I never knew they had a halfway house for criminals.. I believe we are all clueless at the people that do live around us.

June 22, 2012 at 7:18 p.m.
  • Sorry but beating him to death was to humane!!!!!! I only hope the daughter is ok, and can put the trauma behind her!! What is ashame, is that the court rooms can't have justice like this. We could get rid of unproductive bums and not pay their way, think if he should of lived? Hard working texans would of had to pay for his so called "rehab" what a joke!!!

June 18, 2012 at 4:17 p.m.
  • Flores, 47, was found half-naked with a 5-year-old girl by her father in a rural farm pasture off County Road 302 between Shiner and Yoakum. The girl's father immediately threw Flores from "on top of his child," a witness said, and beat him to death.

Then:

he saw him jump over the fence with the girl and she was screamin' and hollerin' back there," Mikey said. "He (the father) beat him and took back his daughter, then jumped back to see if he was dead."

I’m Confused!!

June 18, 2012 at 2:02 p.m.
  • This man is a father!!

All I can say is, if you can kill a man for breaking into your house to steal your tv or stereo, you can darn sure kill a man for stealing your child's innocence. I agree with both scenarios but the latter is more justifiable in my book!

June 18, 2012 at 11:01 a.m.
  • When I first heard the story as a newflash lead in to TV news my only passing comment was way to go Dad. After reading several sources that distill the criminal actions by a 3rd party, I can understand a father rushing to his small child and extinguishing the monster attacking the child. I read where some talked to and fro on the castle defense. I wonder if it applies to a child trying to stand their ground and having a surrogate step in and react and protect them on their own property?

What if the third party had panicked and strangled the child? What would we be saying? A four year old cannot by the laws of physics protect themselves from a grown man. Therefore it should be no crime for a surrogate to become the child's living representative, and perform any and all duties necessary to preserve life and mental stability of the child. If that second person fails the child in such instances, then they are just as guilty as the person performing the primary crime. Second chances and probations should not be an option in the adult's lives. The child was not even given an option.

I want a person who would step in if something was happening to my child. The problem today is too much of the public grab the phones and start taking videos and pictures instead of stepping in and protecting the child. Our society does not need these people.

As with children's molestations, many adults including parents, family and friends turn their back and walk away forever creating scars on the body and in the victims mind. This father apparently did what most of the adults don't have the guts to do. So, again if all facts are true, he should be hailed as a hero for his child and community.

[Any of you that think that sexual deviants do not live near you, should go to the State of Texas webpages and look at Victoria county very closely. Look at how many people are identified as sex-related criminals and many are multiple offenders. (some were fathers and sons --a bad habit to pass to your children). Such criminals may be closer to your children than you think. What I don't understand the last time I looked and I hope it changed is that there were several clusters living in the same neightborhood, mobile home park, or apartments. Are there halfway houses from prison? Is there more than one in Victoria? I thought it was law that they were not suppose to congregate together.... ]

June 18, 2012 at 9:02 a.m.
  • I praise the little boy for telling the father. I believe this happens more than people want to know. Small towns seem to keep secrets very well. Sad that it came to this, but like someone said..how many more victoms are there? I am hoping more parents pay attention to the signs and talk to their children about molestation. Maybe we all could learn more about the types of people whom do this? Hoping the child gets the correct help to go on with a Normal life. Some won't change their minds on race.. this is a small town in the south! Some people just want to see thru rose colored glasses. I feel justice was served!

June 18, 2012 at 5:10 a.m.
  • Justice has been served. I salute the father for stoping this animal. I hope there wern't others little girls but the chances of that are probably slim. atleast it won't happen again by him. The father not only saved his daughter but no telling how many others. John Walsh should interview him and give him some helpful advice on how to cope with this sitituation.

June 17, 2012 at 11:37 p.m.
  • Let's get this race thing out of the way. The two men who molested me were white. It is not only a Hispanic thing. Happy Father's Day, Unidentified Father. You are the Father of the Year. We pray daily for you and your family.

June 17, 2012 at 7:16 p.m.
  • Happy Father's Day too you, at least you protect your child!!!

June 17, 2012 at 12:24 p.m.
  • Funny, everyone wants information, when its reported, they think its too much information, really can't please anyone these days. Justice was served here, agreed. Do they really refer to themselves as chicanos? And yes, way too many pervs in every race.

June 17, 2012 at 10:39 a.m.
  • The information you cite has been widely reported. We still maintain the vast majority of our readership would not be able to identify the family based on this. The only ones who would probably already know the family.

June 16, 2012 at 11:24 p.m.
  • "The Advocate's policy is not to identify the victims of sexual assault."

Really??? Yet you'll publish the name of the road, mention the approximate location, print a photo of the place in question and identify the neighbor. You may as well list the phone numbers, too.

June 16, 2012 at 10:57 p.m.