Comments

• I have to ask, who contacted vicad with the story about signs being stolen ?

June 27, 2012 at 6:39 p.m.

June 27, 2012 at 12:55 p.m.
  • She must of lost her crystal ball maybe the wizard will get her a new one?

June 27, 2012 at 11:34 a.m.
  • Come on, GOPer, this is the same VA that ran a May 12 headline "Commissioner candidate was not stealing signs, police say" about Ramos. Maybe Chris Cobler can extend this concept to everyone, like, "Newspaper editor was not killing children last night." This kind of gotcha journalism needs to stay on blogs and out of community newspapers. Poor decisions here, VA.

June 27, 2012 at 11:20 a.m.
  • What a silly/foolish man. He went to all the trouble of covering up the sign when all he needed to do was remove it if that's what he wanted to do in the first place.

June 27, 2012 at 11:16 a.m.
  • Is this really news?? Come on people, it is embarrassing to see such ridiculous garbage in the newspaper presented as something that anyone would be the least bit interested in.

June 27, 2012 at 11:03 a.m.
  • Oh my goodness!! She ought to go into hiding after making that comment referring to "black magic". What an idiotic thing to say!

June 27, 2012 at 9:28 a.m.
  • maybe next time they should rub an egg all over the sign but be very, very careful not to break it

June 27, 2012 at 9:28 a.m.
  • Looks to me like it’s time for the VA to hire an exorcist and to exorcise it’s evil spirits to New Orleans or Cleveland. Makes me wonder if La Revista has a Bruja of Marie Laveau’s caliber casting spells on this newspaper.

Geesh, whatever happened to the days when one would read the VA for news?

June 27, 2012 at 9:26 a.m.
  • Is this the same guy who stated a sign was posted in his yard from the original article? Or does Ramos have a problem with just throwing up signs anywhere?
    I too would like to know the regulations for these signs.

June 27, 2012 at 9 a.m.
  • "Ramos said her campaign volunteers posted the sign." Uh hello her campaign volunteers live with her. Man this thing has been blown way out of proportion. What goes around comes around! This is such an embarrassment to the Ramos campaign. And please come take your sign off my yard because you never asked me for permission either. Tks!

June 27, 2012 at 8:31 a.m.
  • It is hard to get permission from the land owner at 1am in the morning, is this when the Ramos Campaign puts up signs!!!!!!

June 27, 2012 at 8:13 a.m.
  • Really?! Black magic?!?!
    Guess I'm not familiar with the "black magic" she is talking about.

This brings up questions:
    What are the rules, if any, on placing signs like this?

I realize the candidates want everyone to see their sign but sometimes, like at intersections, they are placed in such a way that they hamper a clear view.
    You have to pull farther up to, or into, the intersection to see around them.

Also, is there a time limit as to when these should be taken down after the election?
    And if so who is to be contacted if the sign is still there after the alloted time expires?

June 27, 2012 at 7:38 a.m.
  • I feel it was irresponsible of the reporter of this story not to investigate further, prior to printing this story. I also think that Ms. Ramos should be very careful about what she says to the press, as it can be taken out of context. Also she cannot blame her staff and hope this is not the kind of leadership she is going to provide. "The I didn't know anything about it" defense will wear thin very quickly and probably help her NOT get re-elected next time. Just saying....

June 27, 2012 at 7:37 a.m.
  • Yeah she is a joke with her black magic....seems instead she just does not respect property rights.

June 27, 2012 at 6:53 a.m.
  • We cant have insecure people representing our city we need to stay in a positive direction!!

June 27, 2012 at 5:42 a.m.
  • This whole story was ridiculous to print in the newspaper. I'm sure Mrs. Ramos is quite embarrassed over this incident.

June 26, 2012 at 9:21 p.m.
  • I would have taken the sign down too, immediately. If you don't have permission to place the sign on the property, then you should not assume that the property owner will be ok with it. The whole "Black Magic" thing is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Ramos for making the statement, and the Advocate for printing it out of context.

June 26, 2012 at 7:19 p.m.
  • stupid me, I thought this was all about a Santana concert !!!

June 26, 2012 at 6:14 p.m.