Area's best of the rest calendar
Winning the West: Firearms in the Texas Coastal Bend• WHERE: Museum of the Coastal Bend, 2200 E. Red River St., Victoria
WHEN: Through Aug. 31
HOURS: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
FOR INFORMATION: Visit museumofthecoastalbend.org or call 361-585-2511.
'Fur Bitten' by Carter Ernst
WHERE: The Nave Museum, 306 W. Commercial St., Victoria
WHEN: Through June 23• HOURS: Noon-4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday and noon-7 p.m. Thursday
FOR INFORMATION: Visit navemuseum.com or call 361-575-8228.
Dig Our History Days• WHEN: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday-Monday
• WHERE: DeLeon Plaza and area museums, Victoria
• COST: Free
• FOR MORE INFORMATION: Call Jennifer Sourdellia at 361-485-3109 or visit victoriatx.org for the full schedule.
Flag City Opry• WHEN: Dinner served at 6 p.m.; show starts at 7 p.m. Tuesday
• WHERE: Flag City Opry, 411 N. Wells St., Edna
• COST: $6 per plate, $5 for show
• FOR MORE INFORMATION: Call Charlie Kroll at 361-782-9211 or visit our website, flagcityopry.com.
Port Lavaca Main Street Theater presents 'The Patchwork Girl of Oz'• WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Friday, 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday, and June 20-23
• WHERE: Port Lavaca Main Street Theatre, 315 E. Main St., Port Lavaca
• COST: $10 adults, $5 ages 11-18 and $4 ages 3-10
• FOR INFORMATION: Visit plmainstreet.org.
Coors Light Silver Bullet Street Dance• WHEN: 7:30-9 p.m. Thursday
• WHERE: Downtown in DeLeon Plaza, Victoria
• NOTE: No ice chests. Proceeds benefit the Texas Zoo.
Wii Summer Games• WHEN: 1-3 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Bronte Room, Victoria Public Library, 302 N. Main St., Victoria
• FOR MORE INFORMATION: Call the Victoria Parks and Recreation at 361-485-3200
• NOTE: Participants must be 10 or older.
Multicultural Food Festival• WHEN: Noon-5 p.m.
WHERE: Riverside Park events area, Victoria • FOR INFORMATION: Call Sandra Avery at 361-573-4187 or Gary Moses at 361-550-5466.
To submit events for area performances, plays, productions, fundraisers or museum exhibits, email details to email@example.com. The deadline to get them into the calendar is 2 p.m. Tuesday before publication.