Area's best of the rest calendar
McKay Otto: Ever About Ever• WHERE: Nave Museum, 306 W. Commercial St., Victoria
• WHEN: Through Oct. 20
HOURS: Noon-4 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday, noon-7 p.m Thursday, closed Monday• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-575-8227 or visit navemuseum.com.
History, Heritage and Hospitality• WHERE: Cuero Heritage Museum, 124 E. Church St., Cuero
HOURS: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday or by special appointment• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-275-1222 or visit cityofcuero.com.
Yorktown Historical Museum• WHERE: 144 W. Main St., Yorktown
HOURS: 1-4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday or by special appointment• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-275-1222 or visit cityofcuero.com.
Yoakum Heritage Museum• WHERE: 12 Simpson St., Yoakum
• HOURS: 1-4 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 2-4 p.m. Sunday
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-293-7022 or visit yoakumareachamber.com.
Calhoun County Museum• WHERE: 301 S. Ann, Port Lavaca
• HOURS: 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 10:00 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-553 4689 or visit calhouncountymuseum.org.
Englein Haus Hallettsville Cultural Events Center• WHERE: 115 N. Main St., Hallettsville
• FOR INFORMATION OR HOURS: Contact Nancy Braus at 361-798-9295 or visit hallettsvilleculturaleventcenter.org.
American Book Review: Elizabeth Hand• WHEN: Noon Thursday
• WHERE: Alcorn Auditorium, University West, 3007 N. Ben Wilson St., Victoria
COST: Free, open to the public• FOR INFORMATION: Call the ABR office at 361-570-4101 or go to americanbookreview.org.
Market Day by the Bay • WHEN: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Seadrift Train Depot/Sportsplex, Seadrift
• FOR INFORMATION: Contact Peggy Gaines at 361-920-1743 or SeadriftLions@gmail.com or visit SeadriftLions.org.
Festival in the Gardens/Plant Sale • WHEN: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Victoria Educational Gardens (across from Victoria Regional Airport control tower), 333 Bachelor Drive, Victoria
• FOR INFORMATION: Contact the Victoria Educational Gardens at 361-741-9148.
Goliad Market Days • WHEN: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Courthouse Square, 231 S. Market St., Goliad
• FOR INFORMATION: Contact the Goliad Chamber of Commerce at 361-645-3563.
Victoria County Farmers Market • WHEN: 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Dr. Pattie Dodson Public Health Center, 2805 N. Navarro St., Victoria
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-550-8377.
Twin Pines Nursing and Rehab Barbecue Fundraiser • WHEN: 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday
• WHERE: Twin Pines Nursing and Rehab, 3301 E. Mockingbird Lane, Victoria
• COST: $5 per plate
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-573-3201.
Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary Garage Sale• WHERE: CWV, 1007 S. Main St., Victoria
• WHEN: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday
• NOTE: Breakfast and lunch will be sold
• FOR INFORMATION: Contact Cecilia Garcia at 361-573-6021.
To submit events for area performances, plays, productions, fundraisers or museum exhibits, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to get them into the calendar is 2 p.m. Tuesday before publication.