Comments

• This reminds me of the local Birther Movement, one poster who believes the Catholics will destroy the Holy Land, and these neo-confederates who think the SOUTH WAS RIGHT during the Civil War.

Mr. Williams

November 29, 2011 at 7:55 p.m.

• Rusty comment of July23 states it all.
    I personally have elected to delete forwarded emails- or read the message alone (skipping the forwarded)

Allison- Thanks for re-posting

November 29, 2011 at 12:23 p.m.

• Hmm...racist.

September 16, 2010 at 3:08 a.m.

• Bit of a hijack here but did anyone read about the South Carolina Republican State Senator being caught with his racist pants down today?

June 4, 2010 at 6:16 p.m.

• If you are a thinking person, then you don’t need to go to a website; to validate something like an email. Personally, I’ve not received this email and hope not too.

Boycotts are good, when they are designed in a meaningful way, for a specific purpose. You can’t boycott stupidity, especially on the part of lawmakers, even they would agree that is an impossibility. You can’t boycott racism, only push those that are, into resentment and covert deceptive expression of their hatred towards a group.

The matter involving Arizona, is simple. When we were children, and some bully came to us and explained the “rule of law”, as HE interpreted it; which was obviously prejudicial against the one being bullied, what did you do? You just got up and found somewhere else to play, if the bully followed you; then you just did nothing. With no benefit gained from pushing you around, even denying the bully the satisfaction of showing pain and suffering; he would leave you alone.

Most of the time, the bullies would just say something like, “your weird, don’t you know how this works, I tell you what’s what and you do it”, “not you just do nothing, not even be afraid of me or cry because I’m hurting you”.

There are racist in Victoria, and for the most part, “they are smart enough” to hide it. However, I would apply to the powerful in Victoria that are racist this saying, “Give unto Caesar that which belongs to Caesar, give unto God that which belongs to God”.

Like Caesars power, so too with that of racist in Victoria and everywhere else. God is on the side of those who are against racial profiling, and he is not fooled by the reasoning of racist, who claim not to be racist.

The email issue, is very disturbing, and I hope that the person or persons responsible ceases their activities. The road of misery is paved with good intentions.

June 4, 2010 at 6:13 p.m.

• I took you up on your suggestion, BridgeFanatic, as I would call myself a thinking man. Much, then, to my surprise that I find a speech that has nothing to do with Victoria but rather an extreme diatribe on immigration.

What you have done, sir, is exactly what the article is referring to but without the audacity to add a "FW:Extremeviewpoint subject line"

Bravo I say (followed loudly by the sound of one hand clapping)!

June 4, 2010 at 6:02 p.m.

• If you are a thinking person with an interest in reading a sobering story about immigration issues please log into truthorfiction.com and serach for the "Lamm" You will find his commentary at a recent immigration conference. If what he says feels familiar its because
    he speaks the truth about our reality.

June 4, 2010 at 4:47 p.m.

• Hmm...racist.

very interesting that one can be called racist for forwarding an e-mail yet an entire group that excludes people other than those of thier own color are heros.

Personally I agree. Those that do not take the time to read adn check out what they are forwarding are morons to say the least. However, morons come in all different sizes, sexes, races.

A white male is not the only racist and more importantly, calling someone a racist is a serious charge to be sure. That claim is made all to often and I am sure it is to cause fear in the other party / person.

Me, I am a white male. I am married to an immigrant (Chinese / Indidan). My mother is an immigrant (Scotland). My step-father is an immigrant (Mexico). My sister-in-law is an immigrant (Argentina). What separates them, everyone of them ame to this great Nation within the bounds of the law of their time of entry.

Stop illegal imigration now and a lot of bad things in the US will stop as well. Mind you two things, this is not stating a single class or nation of origin. I have yet to hear of someone saying stop illegal imigration from Nigeria (it does rampantly exist according to my cousin in ICE).

For those who are going to call me a racist, let me know why you think and we can discuss. I guarentee a civil anad peacful conversation, if you have the nerve.

kanishinai@hotmail.com

Cheers-
    Jeff

my bet, if I have a single e-mail it will be hate mail or the e-mailer will not be able to keep it civil.

June 3, 2010 at 2:05 a.m.

• I agree with the other posters that are railing against "forward zombies". There IS a resource for folks to verify information before forwarding...at the least, they should check out www.snopes.com .

I can tell you how this particular insanity got started...back in 2005 was when it first made the rounds as "a friend told me" emails. Then in 2008 someone wrote a letter to the editor in some obscure newspaper quoting it with respect to Victoria and "a local paper".

Suddenly, people are forwarding a photocopy of a newspaper clipping (strangely they omit the title, author, and newspaper name) showing in newsprint the "article" referenced here. Because "if it's in the newspaper, it must be true!".

Whenever I get sent emails like this, I check snopes, and then reply-all back to everyone the original sender copied, telling them the straight dope. It's the least I can do to combat this stuff...

November 1, 2009 at 8:25 p.m.

• The shame is that people are wasting their time on hoaxes like that when the real emails are out there, like the gator and snakes found while they were building the INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT in Halletsville!

October 26, 2009 at 1:47 p.m.

• I wish I could boycott the local taquerias.

July 28, 2009 at 11:14 a.m.

• I delete all e-mails from people I don't know! I've been given trillions of dollars from Nigeria! mark everything as spam even cute religious e-mails!

July 28, 2009 at 11:04 a.m.

• I received this e-mail about a year ago from a friend in NY. Well, ex-friend. He thought it was hilarious, I called him a racist, and we parted ways. Some people are just idiots!

July 24, 2009 at 8:25 a.m.

• APRILL: I've been railing for years about the idiocity of AUTOMATIC EMAIL FORWARDERS who send stuff out blindly. Yes, Rusty got taken to task for not checking the validity of a few farces he'd put in his blog. I wish there was some way to get people to think and not forward any emails, especially Amber alerts and emergency prayer pleas that don't have the supposed date of the tragedy WITHIN THE MAIN BODY of the text. If there isn't a valid email or contact number listed it's usually a hoax. I get very vexed upon receiving these invalid emails that originated back in the 1970s. An example is the one out about this time of the summer or 2001. It was about a Chicago boy scout who lost a testicle LAST WEEK when he bounced off his snow sled. When was the last time that Chicago had sledding snow in MID-JULY? APRILLL, the INTERVIEW invitation remains open for this topic too.

July 23, 2009 at 10:50 p.m.