Comments

• Yeah Beakus, I couldn't agree more. You won't find me talking a lot of "serious" smack about who's side is better. I think they are all pretty scummy. Some folks like to do a little internet search and act like they know whats going on and thats fine. I usually reserve my comments for when their arrogance reaches it's high point and they start making outrageous claims as if they are innocent of something another poster is doing. LOL!
    Some take all this real serious. I think it's all pretty funny. Some folks here take themselves very serious. Those are the funniest on this website.

Hate??? Oh you can bet there is some hate going on here. And no, you don't have to see a persons soul to find it. All you have to do is read some of these folks blogs and you'll find plenty. Heck I've probably shown a little of it here and there.

If you read these blogs and get angry thats too bad. I read them and I'm usually falling on the floor laughing. I'm telling you some folks here need to take this material to the comedy clubs.

BTW, it's obvious some folks have no idea what hate is. Have any of you "better than everyone else" folks ever felt any of the following... to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest.

LOL, hilarious!!!:

June 13, 2012 at 4:52 p.m.

• Beakus

I posted a rhetorical question (tax revenues) but if you hate finger pointing politics; it's simple enough to ignore it.... I've ignored your religious debates with other posters. I don’t read all the comments or blogs. It’s not a requirement.

Historically, the country has been through many rounds of political discourse because that's the nature of politics. It's not for the squeamish and it was never meant to be unicorns and puppy dog tails. I enjoy watching the passionate debates between the two adversaries but when that's over; they must reconcile their differences. We're not having the reconciliation.

You call it hate and but that's a matter of opinion (unless you can get a sense of someone's soul by their remarks). There are people still squabbling about the Civil War. People will always have their differences but politics and religion always seem to be the scapegoats. I just finished watching a 3 part series "The Hatfields & McCoys" NOW that's hate..:-)

I think our country is resilient but it is true, a few people can make us suffer more than we need to. I also think that "First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye."...Matt 7:5.

June 13, 2012 at 2:37 p.m.

• Mike and Jason. I meant what I said. I was not talking about tax revenues for spending cuts or anything of the sorts. I hate finger pointing politics. Is that simple enough. The Limbaughs, Hannitys, Combs, Matthews, you, etc.. and others cause downright hate for others in this country in the name of politics, and obviously enjoy doing this.. That's what I mean. No party is blameless. It's just non-stop finger pointing and in the meantime our country is dying a slow death.

June 13, 2012 at 1:54 p.m.

• Mike,

I would like to add my best wishes for President Bush (41) and lets remember that he is a WW2 combat Veteran.

June 13, 2012 at 10:46 a.m.

• I think Beakus was saying... if "a person" has, oh lets say 500 conversations about politics and 498 of them are either a clear cut hate for republicans or an absolute devotion to democrats, then "this same person" tosses in 2 brief statements that sound impartial. Then "this person" isn't really helping anything.

The figures used above are random guesses but probably not far off of actual.

June 13, 2012 at 10:17 a.m.

• Beakus

Were you talking about not taking $1.00 in tax revenues for $10.00 in spending cuts?

In the year 2012 there's not a moral equivalence; don't take my word for it; ask Jeb Bush....And he’s right, Ronald Reagan nor his dad would be welcomed in today's Republican Party.

Belated birthday wishes to (41)...former president George H. W. Bush on his 88th birthday yesterday... What a statesman, father, grandfather and former president.

June 13, 2012 at 9:28 a.m.

• When a person's primary mind set in life is to defend one side of the political isle, liberal or conservative, there can be very little contentment. There also will be little to nothing good accomplished for your country when either side can never agree on anything for fear of loosing a point of discussion. In my opinion this is a miserable and empty way to direct all of one's energy.

June 13, 2012 at 7:57 a.m.

• I hear that "popping" again. Sounds like a leaky steam valve letting off steam. Or hot air. Hard to tell.

June 12, 2012 at 10:28 p.m.

• I'm certain you comedians aren't talking about me. I thought my initial comment was clearly in line with what this blog sort of, kind of covered.

Anyway, I will try to be more careful when dealing with the ultra-sensitive. A nasty trait of the ultra-sensitive is the inablity to eat what they happliy dish out for others. They also fail to recognize that they do it. Sad group these folks but very funny to watch.

June 12, 2012 at 5:39 p.m.

• You are right about rude people. It must be in thier DNA. We had safety valves at the plant that reminds me of them. "Pop off valves".

June 12, 2012 at 1:52 p.m.

• Really LOL!
    You two ever try out for some stand up comedy. Some of this is pretty funny.

June 12, 2012 at 1:36 p.m.

• I know vet43, and I think it's just plain rude. I don't go to other poster's blog and change the contents to something I want to discuss and I don't think it was too much to ask for the same consideration.... There is going to be some differences of opinion in the initial stages of the investigation, so I’m willing to discuss them.

I haven't found much coverage of the leaks but I thought everyone was aware that Chair of the House Intelligence Committee, Mike Rogers, R-Mich said "The Justice Department’s national security division has recused itself from part of the leak investigation.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/...

As you might have noticed I don't like to feed the trolls; so I ignore the rants and consider the source.

Thanks for noticing the rudeness and pointing it out.

I still get a kick of the bias, condemning the bias, for being bias....:-)

Then again,they actually believe that Fox News is fair & balanced.

June 12, 2012 at 11:35 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

June 12, 2012 at 10:58 a.m.

• Mike, Forgive my wandering old mind but some of the comments have no connection to your blog. Some rant about Fox, Glenn Beck, and a claim that an ATF agent killed a Border Patrol Agent. Really?

June 12, 2012 at 10:22 a.m.

• Itisi
    This blog is not about Eric Holder ,so I deleted your last post because it was way off topic.If you want to discuss something else,your readers are still anxiously for your second installment.ppp

I stand by my person opinion based of what I have seen and heard and that's what blogs are all about.....You certainly can't preach objectivity..lol

June 12, 2012 at 6:40 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

June 11, 2012 at 11:46 p.m.

• Mike I for one, do not have a reading comprehension problem. Maybe facts are in order here, instead of blaming someone else for the actions of the dang president. Dang you must be kidding…

Eric Holder the (AG) answers to the Dang President. (AG) “Sorry Mr. President I have bad news for you, your BUTT is in trouble some body lied about the Leaks.” Do you really think that is going to happen?

Mike you wrote this blog, it is wide open for criticism. So, are you telling all of us, your readers, that Eric Holder has no responsibility in regards to a United States Border Patrol Agent being killed? And that Fast and Furious has no consequence to his responsibility?

What do you base this statement on?
    “I'm more than positive that President Obama never ordered his security staff to engage in an unlawful manner, but there was a breach somewhere at some high level of trust.” Dang bold statement… I will say that objectivity sure as heck went out the window on this blog.

June 11, 2012 at 11:15 p.m.

• This has to be either the Republicans fault or Fox. There's just no way this credibility filled group in the white house did this.

I think a blog depicting all the things the Republicans have done wrong should right this scummy Democratic ship. Maybe a blog about how bad Romney or Ron Paul are. What do ya think?

I guess it's possible that Glenn Beck did it. LOL!

I'm sure we will all get to see a very impartial group find the truth. LOL!

June 11, 2012 at 9:17 p.m.

• I have always been aware that the justice Dept. was in the president's cabinet but that does not mean that Eric cannot or won't work independently as will the two U.S. atty. assigned to investigate the leak....This is just day one and I don't know anyone accusing Holder or the two new prosecutors of hiding evidence or doing anything to cover up

Eric Holder and the president have been at odds on two different occasions that I know of and both are OK with that.

June 11, 2012 at 8:17 p.m.

• "Eric Holder serves at the pleasure of the president but the justice dept. operates as a different entity...Unless you have proof contrary to that then your assumptions are nothing more than a partisan shot."

The Justice department and it's head... the Attorney General, is a Part of the President's Cabinet and reports DIRECTLY to the President.

June 11, 2012 at 7:31 p.m.

• i wish that Michael Isikoff, Bob Woodward,Seymour Hersh and Ron Suskind could be sent to Washington and get at the bottom of this...After all most of their books are filled with leaks from our Intelligence community.

June 11, 2012 at 6:19 p.m.

• Reading comprehension is very important in understanding the narrative.
    Leaks are a serious matter but I was giving background by naming President Bush and Truman....If anyone thinks that leaks are unique to this administration need to catch up.

I don't know the political affiliations of those who might have leaked ;fact is I don't know who is being accused!

My criticism is aimed at Congress for lack of oversight over the years because they need to get involved and say what's legal and what's not...In case you don't know The House and Senate are responsible for oversight,

Oh please,our officials are capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time.

I didn't name any party except the one that was complaining;explained the context and showed the GOP does not have a leg to stand on when it comes to keeping our nation's secrets....I never intended this blog to be a tit-for-tat but there are a lot of leaks I could have written about but thats not what I wanted to

Whatever the cards fall.

June 11, 2012 at 5:46 p.m.

• What does Bush have to do with this?

Who does Eric Holder answer to?

Why did you leave out the Democrats on this issue of leaks?

Did you not see the bi-partisan criticism of these leaks?

Who in the heck are you blaming, the Republicans?

It does appear the president did not declassify any of this information that was leaked. I would venture to say the president has a damn serious problem on his hands. This goes a heck of a lot deeper than politics. We do not need Eric Holder investigating anything or his people, until he can explain why in the hell a United States Border Patrol Agent was killed at the hands the ATF.

June 11, 2012 at 5:04 p.m.